Imaging Algorithm Staff Engineer
Motorola Mobility / Lenovo, Chicago, IL
- Launched a new YouTube series: Deep Learning Crash Course, Dec 9, 2017
- Landmark recognition model got featured on Qualcomm Blog, Nov 27, 2017
- Paper accepted for publication in IEEE JSTARS, Aug 21, 2017
- Joined Motorola Mobility / Lenovo Camera Team, June 19, 2017
- Successfully defended my dissertation, May 2, 2017
- Paper accepted for publication in RSE Special Issue on Big Remotely Sensed Data, Mar 30, 2017
- Gave a talk on Artificial Neural Networks and Deep Learning at Motorola Mobility HQ, Chicago, Aug 15, 2016
- My research advisor won an Emmy, Sep 30, 2015
Motorola Mobility, a Lenovo Company, Chicago, IL
Imaging Algorithm Staff Engineer, Jun 2017 - Present
- Build the machine learning models for the landmark recognition feature on the new Moto X4.
- Developing smart camera features that involve machine learning and image understanding.
Imaging Engineering Intern, May - Aug 2016
- Designed a deep learning model that predicts human judgments of image quality.
- Gave a series of talks on applied machine learning, artificial neural networks, deep learning, and perceptual image quality analysis.
Imaging Engineering Intern, May - Aug 2015
- Designed a machine learning model that learned the personal taste in white balance.
- Developed methods to evaluate diversity and similarity in image sets.
- Created a deep learning model that detects several types of image degradation.
Laboratory for Image and Video Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
Graduate Research Assistant, Sep 2013 - May 2017
- Designed deep learning models for multiscale image segmentation.
- Developed tools for big data analytics in remote sensing.
- Created a spatiotemporal river map of the world.
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center, Poland
Computer Vision Intern, Jul - Aug 2011
- Developed software for visual surveillance systems.
- Created tools that monitor parking lots and track moving objects.
Microsoft Turkey, Istanbul, Turkey
Summer School Intern, Jul - Aug 2010
- Built a specialized web crawler and a search interface.
- Participated in programming workshops.
The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, May 2017
- Advisors: Alan Bovik and Paola Passalacqua
- Dissertation: Automatically Creating Spatiotemporal River Maps of the World using Remotely Sensed Images
Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
MS in Computer Engineering, Jul 2013
- Advisor: Albert Ali Salah
- Thesis: Computer Vision Based Reuse Detection in Digital Artwork
Yildiz Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey
BS in Computer Engineering, Jun 2011
Image and Video Processing, Computer Vision, Vision Systems, Cognitive Science, Artificial Neural Networks, Artificial Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining, Information Theory, Evolutionary Dynamics, Digital Signal Processing, Software Engineering, Software Design and Implementation
- F. Isikdogan, A.C. Bovik, and P. Passalacqua, "Learning a River Network Extractor using an Adaptive Loss Function," in review.
- F. Isikdogan, A.C. Bovik, and P. Passalacqua, "Surface Water Mapping by Deep Learning," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 2017.
- F. Isikdogan, A.C. Bovik, and P. Passalacqua, "RivaMap: An Automated River Analysis and Mapping Engine," Remote Sensing of Environment Special Issue on Big Remotely Sensed Data, 2017.
- F. Isikdogan, I. Adiyaman, A.A. Akdag Salah, and A.A. Salah, "A New Database and Protocol for Image Reuse Detection," European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), Workshop on Computer Vision for Art Analysis, 2016.
- F. Isikdogan, A.C. Bovik, and P. Passalacqua, "Automatic Channel Network Extraction from Remotely Sensed Images by Singularity Analysis," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 12, 11, 2015.
- F. Isikdogan and A.A. Salah, "Affine Invariant Salient Patch Descriptors for Image Retrieval," 14th International Workshop on Image Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services (WIAMIS), Paris, 2013.
- F. Isikdogan and S. Albayrak, "Automatic Recognition of Turkish Fingerspelling," International Symposium on Innovations in Intelligent Systems and Applications (INISTA), Istanbul, 2011.